Introduction to Painting
- $695 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $139 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $556 balance of tuition (invoiced as 12 monthly payments, June thru May*)
In this course, students will be introduced to the fundamentals of painting through a variety of media. Students will work with watercolors, gouache, and water-soluble oil paints. Students will start with watercolors and work up to oil paints, learning how the elements of art apply to each new medium. Assignments will explore how to properly mix and use colors, use value to imitate lighting, work from observation, and more. Exercises will gradually become more advanced from the beginning sketches to a completed piece.
Credits: 1 (Elective--please note that this class is NOT an honors-level course; the unweighted grade will affect the overall GPA)
Mtg. Days: Mon., Tues., Wed., & Thur (4 days each week)
- Palette $2.60 (Make sure your palette has a cover to preserve paint between sessions, this is a slightly more expensive option but works well for keeping mixed paint from drying out)
- Brushes $12.39 (You will need synthetic brushes in a variety of sizes and shapes including filbert, flat, and round. Please make sure to have small brushes for detail work.)
- Blue Painter’s Tape
- 9 x 12 Oil and Acrylic Pad $12.98
- Pad of 9x12 Watercolor Paper $8.32
- Sketchbook $7.72
- Watercolor Paints $5.40
- Gouache $19.99
- Oil Paints $19.79 - If you do not buy this brand, please make sure oil paints are water-soluble.
- Linseed Oil $5.49
- Small glass jar or cup for water
- Paper towels/rags
- Palette knife $3.99
Note: Please buy brand-specific items if a brand is noted (for example, “Prismacolor”). Otherwise, any brand is acceptable. Some suggested places to buy materials: Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Dick Blick, Jerry’s Artarama, and Amazon.
*Registration & Payment Plans: Upon registration, Logos Online will create a monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition, paid in monthly installments with the first payment due June 1 and the final payment in May. Families who register after June 1 will be invoiced immediately for the months that have transpired at the time of registration. For example, if a student registers on August 25, the family will pay the 20% deposit as well as the monthly payments for June, July, and August. They will then continue forward with the monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition.