Bible Lands & Cultures
- $675 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $135 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $540 balance of tuition (invoiced as monthly payments)
Mtg. Days: Monday & Wednesdays (only)
Mtg. Time (Pacific Time): 10:00-10:50 AM
Instructor: Kevin Smith
Class Description: This course is designed to complement the student’s study of the Bible. Over the school year, the student will investigate the cultures and geography of the Ancient Near East, enriching their reading and understanding of the Scriptures. This sweep will include such topics as the lands of Egypt and Israel, the various peoples of Canaan, and the empires of Assyria, Babylon and Rome. The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings accompanied by Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through the various assignments, both written and oral.
The student will be able to:
- Develop a visual representation of one of the biblical lands discussed (Land Project).
- Identify and articulate at least two (2) theological concepts in their course readings.
- Write two persuasive papers (1 per term) based on our readings.
- Deliver an in-class presentation of their Land Project (1 per term).
Credits: 1 (elective)
Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible.
Currid, John D. and David P. Barrett. ESV Atlas. Crossway, 2010. Link