The Five Solas
- $695 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $139 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $556 balance of tuition (invoiced as 12 monthly payments, June thru May)
Class Description: This course is designed to provide the student with a foundational understanding of the core tenets of the Christian faith through a study of the doctrines of grace. Central to the Protestant Reformation were the five solas, which are the focus of this course: sola scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus, and soli Deo gloria. This study will aid the student in understanding and articulating the reason for the hope we have within (1 Peter 3.15). The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings and Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through the various assignments, both written and oral.
The student will be able to:
- Define key theological terms.
- Identify the historical context of these doctrines.
- Articulate theological concepts.
- Deliver a theological presentation (Theology Project).
- Develop two persuasive papers (1 per term), integrating multiple texts.
Mtg. Days: Tuesday & Thursday (only)
Credits: 1 (elective)
Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible.
Barrett, Matthew, ed. The Five Solas Series. Zondervan, 2017. Link
*Registration & Payment Plans: Upon registration, Logos Online will create a monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition, paid in monthly installments with the first payment due June 1 and the final payment in May. Families who register after June 1 will be invoiced immediately for the months that have transpired at the time of registration. For example, if a student registers on August 25, the family will pay the 20% deposit as well as the monthly payments for June, July, and August. They will then continue forward with the monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition.