Terms & Conditions
Classical & Christian. Affordable & Accredited.
Before enrolling in our program, please be sure to review our System Requirements and our Terms & Conditions.
Visit Adobe Connect support for a detailed listing of equipment required for joining classes. In general, you will need:
- Windows or Mac computer with Adobe Flash Player downloaded, or tablet with Adobe Connect app installed
- Internet connection (broadband is best)
- Microphone and speakers (built-in or USB headset)
Most computers have built-in microphones and speakers, but you will get much better audio quality if you use a headset.
Terms & Conditions ~ 2020-21 School Year
The following terms and conditions are for the purpose of running an efficient and effective online school.
- Parents are expected to take primary responsibility for the Student’s education, to supervise their academic work, and to assure that assignments are completed in required formats and by due dates. This includes monitoring of student’s exams (as applicable) and proofreading any writing assignments before final submission.
- Parents may delegate the task of proofreading as they deem prudent or necessary.
- Parents are expected to procure and maintain all required equipment and materials needed for each registered course.
- Communications by Teacher to any Parents or Student will generally be sent by email. An email will be deemed to have been received and read 24 hours after it is sent to the last provided email address.
- Fees: The tuition for online teacher-led courses for the 2020-2021 year is $650 per course. Any aggregate of 4 courses or more qualifies for a 10% discount on the total costs. Books and other required materials are in addition to the above course costs. The total cost is payable at the time of registration or per the selected payment plan option.
- Withdrawals: The 20% tuition deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Students withdrawing prior to August 1st, 2020 will receive an 80% refund on a full pre-paid tuition. There are no refunds or payment reductions after August 1st. If a student withdraws from a class after August 1, the balance of tuition (not including the tuition deposit) may be applied to future classes for any member of a student's immediate family. We have contracted with a teacher for the year so you are committing to pay for the year.
- Late Enrollment: Any student enrolling in a class after the class has met will be considered to be a Late Enrollee. Details of payments, credit for the class, etc. will vary based on the particular circumstances. Details are available for individual situations by contacting Logos Online School directly.
- Registration: New families may register their students through this website (preferred), or by calling Logos Online School and registering over the telephone. Returning students may re-enroll via the ClassReach online platform or via this website.
Statements of Faith:
- We believe in the inerrancy of scripture and the birth, death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
- We believe marriage is defined by a union of a man and a woman.
- We believe gender is determined by an XX or XY Chromosome.
- We believe abortion as a means of birth control is murder.
- Attendance and Make-Ups: Archives of missed classes are posted and must be viewed by absent students in a timely manner. The student is responsible for obtaining any notes or assignments from any class from another student or any bulletin board maintained by the teacher.
- Due Dates: All assignments are due in the manner prescribed by the teacher, Pacific Standard Time, on the due date.
- Grade Reports: All written assignments and quizzes will receive a grade by the Teacher. There will also be a semester final. Progress reports will be issued at the end of the first and third terms. A progress report in the form of a grade report card will be viewable by parents within two (2) weeks following the end of each semester. Students will have access to grades and graded assignments.
- Writing Quality: It is assumed that the students will have sufficient mastery of writing skills including grammar, vocabulary, and expression commensurate with the level of the class. Parent expressly states that this is the case by registering their student.
Classroom Etiquette & Rules of Behavior:
- The registering of a student is an affirmation that parents and Student have read and agree with these standards:
- Biblical behavior standards will be followed at all times.
- Talking (including instant messaging in any chat box or otherwise) will not be permitted during class except:
- When the teacher asks for a response.
- When it can be inferred that it is permitted by the Teacher.
- When it is germane to the topic being discussed in class.
- Background noise or music is not permitted.
- Students, Parents, and Auditors may not share classroom links with anyone without express written permission.
- The student must have immediate access to all books and other required materials used for the course in the version stipulated by Logos Online School.
- If a family has more than one student enrolled in the same class, each student must have his/her own computer, headset microphone, and internet connection. Logos assumes no responsibility for the technology used by Students.
- The student must have a reasonable ability to type on a computer keyboard.
Writing Assignment Standards:
Assignments must be posted as directed by the Teacher. Parents are expected to see that the student follows this format. Unless directed otherwise by the teacher the body of the assignment shall:
- Be typed in Times New Roman type font, 12 points.
- Have the title centered across the top of the page.
- Be double-spaced.
How We Build our Classes for You
Unlike other online schools, our schedule is set up to ensure that all the required classes are available for students who are pursuing the Diploma Track.
The classes are established, and then the teachers are given the opportunity to select the times that work for their schedule.
The teachers are listed next to the times as a service to our families, and we anticipate--but do not guarantee--that teacher will fill that time slot.
In addition, a class must have a certain number of students enrolled in a specific time (section) in order for that section to “make.” In the event that a section is closed, we will work with the students to adjust their schedules so that they are able to take all the needed/desired subjects.
In the event that a section fills and there are still a significant number of students desiring to enroll, we will open a second class at the same time.