Before enrolling in our program, please be sure to review our terms & conditions below and our tuition fees.
Visit Adobe Connect support for a detailed listing of equipment required for joining classes. In general, you will need:
- Windows or Mac computer with Adobe Flash Player downloaded, or tablet with Adobe Connect app installed
- Internet connection (broadband is best)
- Microphone and speakers (built-in or USB headset)
Most computers have built-in microphones and speakers, but you will get much better audio quality if you use a headset.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Logos Online School
Terms and Conditions for Families
2018-2019 School Year
This agreement is for the purpose of running an efficient and effective online school.
- Parental Responsibility: Parents are expected to take primary responsibility for the Student’s education, to supervise their academic work, and to assure that assignments are completed in required formats and by due dates. This includes monitoring of student’s exams (as applicable) and proofreading any writing assignments before final submission. Parents may delegate the task of proofreading as they deem prudent or necessary. Parents are expected to procure and maintain all required equipment and materials needed for each registered course.
- Due Dates: All assignments are due in the manner prescribed by the teacher, Pacific Standard Time, on the due date.
- Attendance and Make-Ups: Archives of missed classes are posted and must be viewed by absent students in a timely manner. Student is responsible for obtaining any notes or assignments from any class from another student or any bulletin board maintained by the teacher.
- Grade Reports: All written assignments and quizzes will receive a grade by the Teacher. There will also be a semester final. Progress reports will be issued at the end of the first and third terms. A progress report in the form of a grade report card will be viewable by parents within two (2) weeks following the end of each semester. Students will have access to grades and graded assignments.
- Writing Assignment Standards: There is a specific format for all written assignments. Parents are expected to see that the Student follows this format.
- Writing Quality: It is assumed that Student will have sufficient mastery of writing skills including grammar, vocabulary and expression commensurate with the level of the class. Parent expressly states that this is the case by registering student.
- Classroom Etiquette & Rules of Behavior: The registering of a student is an affirmation that parents and Student have read and agree with these standards:
- Biblical behavior standards will be followed at all times.
- Talking (including instant messaging in any chat box or otherwise) will not be permitted during class except:
- When the teacher asks for a response.
- When it can be inferred that it is permitted by the Teacher.
- When it is germane to the topic being discussed in class.
- Background noise or music is not permitted.
- Students, Parents, and Auditors may not share classroom links with anyone without express written permission by Logos Online School.
- Fees: The tuition for online teacher-led courses for the 2018-2019 year is $620 per course. Any aggregate of 4 courses or more qualifies for a 10% discount on the total costs. Books and other required materials are in addition to the above course costs. The total cost is payable at the time of registration or per the selected payment plan option.
- Withdrawals: The 20% deposit is not refundable. Students withdrawing prior to August 1st, 2018 will receive an 80% refund on a full pre-paid tuition. There are no refunds after August 1st. We have contracted with a teacher for the year so you are committing to pay for the year.
- Late Enrollment: Any student enrolling in a class after the class has met will be considered to be a Late Enrollee. Details of payments, credit for the class, etc. vary based on the class. Details are available for any given situation by contacting Logos Online School directly.
- Registration: Parents may register by using the online registration form or by calling Logos Online School and registering over the telephone.
- Statement of Faith: We believe in the inerrancy of scripture and the birth, death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
- General Requirements:
- Student must have immediate access to all books and other required materials used for the course in the version stipulated by Logos Online School.
- If a family has more than one student enrolled in the same class, each student must have his/her own computer, headset microphone, and internet connection. Logos assumes no responsibility for the technology used by Students.
- Teacher may restrict Student in any way he\she deems advisable to minimize the adverse effect on others in the class.
- Student must have a reasonable ability to type on a computer keyboard.
- Communications by Teacher to any Parents or Student will generally be sent by email. An email will be deemed to have been received and read 24 hours after it is sent to the last provided email address.
Written Assignment Standards
Assignments must be posted as directed by the Teacher.
Unless directed otherwise by teacher the body of the assignment shall:
- Be typed in Times New Roman type font, 12 points.
- Have the title centered across the top of the page.
- Be double-spaced.