Educational Philosophy & Accreditation
A Christian & Classical Education
What Do We Mean by "Christian"?
In every discipline, Logos Online School is committed to:
- Teach all subjects as parts of an integrated whole with the Scriptures at the center (II Tim. 3:16-17)
- Provide a clear model of the biblical Christian life through our instructors (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Encourage every student to begin and develop his relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 19:13-15)
- Encourage every student to develop a love for learning and live up to his academic potential.
- All course materials at Logos Online School are held to biblical standards for measurement; historical facts are reported as such, and all opinion and interpretation must withstand the scrutiny of Scripture.
What Do We Mean by "Classical"?
In the 1940’s the British author, Dorothy Sayers, wrote an essay titled "The Lost Tools of Learning." In it she not only called for a return to the application of the seven liberal arts of ancient education (the Trivium and the Quadrivium), she also noted that the three stages of children’s development clearly follow the “Trivium” – grammar, logic, rhetoric. Doug Wilson, a founding member of Logos School in Moscow, Idaho explained the classical method further in his book, Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning.
Online classes feature live, teacher-led instruction on a DAILY basis (Monday through Thursday). This frequent and interactive method is designed to stimulate student interest, engage students in the learning process and maintain their focus.
Nationally Accredited Diploma Program
Logos Online School is accredited by the National Association of Private Schools (NAPS) and NCAA approved.
Our Diploma Track is designed to meet or exceed most higher education institution's entry and scholarship requirements (see the Scope and Sequence). We take seriously our responsibility to be advocates for our students in their future endeavors.
- All students meeting our graduation requirements will receive an honors-level diploma (LOS uses a 5.0 grade point system).
- Our counselors are readily available and will work with you (at no additional cost) to chart the best options for your student.
- Official transcripts are available upon request at no cost.
Important Note # 1 - According to our accreditation requirements, students who intend on earning a Logos Online School diploma MUST be enrolled full-time with LOS during their senior year.
Important Note #2 - Enrollment in our online program does not automatically make you legally compliant with the compulsory attendance laws of your state. Because homeschooling regulations vary from state to state, it’s recommended that you check your state regulations before enrolling into an out-of-state program. You may also contact the National Alliance of Home Education Leadership or Homeschool Legal Defense Association with questions.
For more details see "Terms & Conditions" HERE.