United States History
(À la carte: $675 tuition - $135 tuition deposit = $540 balance)
Mtg. Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays (only)
Mtg. Time (Pacific Standard): 12:00 - 12:50pm - Kevin Smith
This course is designed to provide the student with a comprehensive sweep of US History, appreciating its Judeo-Christian foundation. The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings accompanied by Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through various assignments, both written and oral.
The student will be able to:
- Chart 25 events/figures from US history.
- Recite the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence.
- Examine theological concepts in their course readings.
- Write an encomium/vituperation on a figure from US history.
- Develop a persuasive paper, integrating multiple texts.
Credits: 1 (Elective)
Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible