(À la carte: $675 tuition - $135 tuition deposit = $540 balance)
Classes Meet: Monday - Thursday
Class Time (Pacific Time): 7:00am - 7:50am - Kevin Smith
This course is designed to provide the student with a survey of Church History, from the New Testament era to the end of the 20th-century. It will weave together key figures, events, locations and theological concepts. The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings accompanied by Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through the various assignments, both written and oral.
The student will be able to:
- Chart 25 events/figures from Church history.
- Recite one of the creeds of the Early Church.
- Examine a theological concept from a specific era.
- Write and encomium/vituperation on a figure from Church history.
- Develop a persuasive paper, integrating multiple texts.
Credits: 1 (Elective)
Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible