The Five Solas
- $675 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $135 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $540 balance of tuition (invoiced as monthly payments)
Mtg. Days: Tuesday & Thursday (only)
Mtg. Time (Pacific Time): 10:00-10:50 AM
Instructor: Kevin Smith
Class Description: This course is designed to provide the student with a foundational understanding of the core tenets of the Christian faith through a study of the doctrines of grace. Central to the Protestant Reformation were the five solas, which are the focus of this course: sola scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus and soli Deo gloria. This study will aid the student in understanding and articulating the reason for the hope we have within (1 Peter 3.15). The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings and Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through the various assignments, both written and oral.
The student will be able to:
- Define key theological terms.
- Identify the historical context of these doctrines.
- Articulate theological concepts.
- Deliver a theological presentation (Theology Project).
- Develop two persuasive papers (1 per term), integrating multiple texts.
Credits: 1 (elective)
Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible.
Barrett, Matthew, ed. The Five Solas Series. Zondervan, 2017. Link