United States History
- $675 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $135 (20% non-refundable tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $540 balance of tuition (invoiced as monthly payments)
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the student with a comprehensive sweep of US History, appreciating its Judeo-Christian foundation. The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings accompanied by Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through various assignments, both written and oral.
Course Objectives: The student will be able to:
- Chart 25 events/figures from US history.
- Recite the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence.
- Examine theological concepts in their course readings.
- Write an encomium/vituperation on a figure from US history.
- Develop a persuasive paper, integrating multiple texts
Credits: 1 (Elective)
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (2x/wk)
Mtg. Time (Pacific Standard Time):
- 12:00-12:50pm, Kevin Smith
- Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible
- American History, Vol. 1: 1492-1877, Kidd, Thomas S.
- American History, Vol. 2: 1877-Present, Kidd, Thomas S.