United States History
- $675 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $135 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $540 balance of tuition (invoiced as 12 monthly payments)
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the student with a comprehensive sweep of US History, appreciating its Judeo-Christian foundation. The weekly rhythm includes assigned readings accompanied by Socratic discussion. Students will hone their critical thinking and presentation skills through various assignments, both written and oral.
Course Objectives: The student will be able to:
- Chart 25 events/figures from US history.
- Recite the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence.
- Examine theological concepts in their course readings.
- Write an encomium/vituperation on a figure from US history.
- Develop a persuasive paper, integrating multiple texts
Credits: 1 (Elective); Honors
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (2x/wk)
2022-23 Mtg. Time (Pacific Standard Time):
- 12:00-12:50 PM Kevin Smith
- Any modern English translation (not a paraphrase) of the Bible
- American History, Vol. 1: 1492-1877, Kidd, Thomas S.
- American History, Vol. 2: 1877-Present, Kidd, Thomas S.
*Registration & Payment Plans: Upon registration, Logos Online will create a monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition, paid in monthly installments with the first payment due June 1 and the final payment in May. Families who register after June 1 will be invoiced immediately for the months that have transpired at the time of registration. For example, if a student registers on August 25, the family will pay the 20% deposit as well as the monthly payments for June, July, and August. They will then continue forward with the monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition.