- $675 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $135 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $540 balance of tuition (invoiced as monthly payments)
Course Description: This course provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of classical physics, heavily emphasizing vector analysis and motion of objects in one and two dimensions. Other concepts include linear and rotational momentum, and simple electrostatic, circuit, and magnetism concepts. Labs and projects are at each teacher's planning and discretion. Current physics theories of general relativity, and quantum mechanics are not in the textbook but may be explored for enrichment at the teacher’s planning and discretion. You can find a preview of the textbook table of contents following the link here.
Skills: Students should be comfortable with multi-step questions and the concepts from Algebra I and Geometry including the trigonometric functions sine, cosine, and tangent.
Prerequisite: Algebra I and Geometry
Credits: 1 (Science); Honors
Mtg. Days: Mon., Tues., Wed., & Thur. (4 days each week)
2022-23 Mtg. Times (Pacific Time):
- 6:00-6:50 AM Zachary Kwong
- 9:00-9:50 AM Allen Santos
- 10:00-10:50 AM Jonathan Van Gelder
- 11:00-11:50 AM Zachary Kwong
Required Materials: Exploring Creation with Physics, 2nd Edition, 2-Book Set