Economics & Government
- $675 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $135 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $540 balance of tuition (invoiced as 12 monthly payments, June thru May*)
- Economics (first semester) -- Students will be introduced to economic terms and issues that have an impact on the United States and its citizens. This course introduces both microeconomics and macroeconomics, providing one half-year of credit. Written from a perspective of faith in God and trust in His Word, Exploring Economics surveys Biblical teachings on money and finance, provides an overview of the economic history of the United States, gives a clear explanation of terms and concepts used in economics, discusses economic issues confronting us today, and puts our participation in the national and world economies on a personal level. In a time when economic activity is challenging classic definitions, Exploring Economics reasserts the importance of the free market system and enables students to take part in the economy with knowledge and faith.
- Government (spring semester) -- Students will thoroughly examine the U.S. federal, state, and local governments as well as contemporary issues. Special emphasis is placed on the Biblical basis for government and on the U.S. Constitution. As we understand the background, basis, and operation of the American government on all levels, we are better equipped to remain prayerful, thoughtful, and involved Christian citizens.
Credits: 1 (elective), Honors
Prerequisite: Open to 11th & 12th-grade students (others with administrative approval)
Mtg. Days: Mon., Tues., Wed., & Thur (4 days each week)
2022-23 Mtg. Times (Pacific Time):
- 7:00-7:50 AM Lisa Mutart FULL
- 11:00-11:50 AM Lisa Mutart
- 12:00-12:50 PM Lisa Mutart
*Registration & Payment Plans: Upon registration, Logos Online will create a monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition, paid in monthly installments with the first payment due June 1 and the final payment in May. Families who register after June 1 will be invoiced immediately for the months that have transpired at the time of registration. For example, if a student registers on August 25, the family will pay the 20% deposit as well as the monthly payments for June, July, and August. They will then continue forward with the monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition.