- $695 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $139 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $556 balance of tuition (invoiced as 12 monthly payments, June thru May*)
Class Description: Students in 7th or 8th grade will continue gaining skills in the mechanics of English grammar and usage as well as writing composition, completing the second half of Analytical Grammar. This text was written specifically for students in the dialectic/logic stage of learning (middle school). The approach is extremely effective and enjoyable for students in this category. The class will cover parts of speech, parts of a sentence, phrases, and clauses. Students will also learn basic writing structures: the five-paragraph essay, book report, and others.
Students going into English 2 are expected to know, identify, and create examples of the concepts listed here. If your student knows all of the concepts in the study guide (provided on FAQ PAGE of the website) they can jump into English 2. If, however, they do not recognize these concepts, English 1 is probably the better fit.
- Please note, this is a middle-school course. If taken in high school, this class will count only as an elective on the high school transcript.
Prerequisite: LOS English 1, or a comparable course (which includes sentence diagramming)
Mtg. Days: Mon., Tues., Wed., & Thur (4 days each week)
- Analytical Grammar Student Workbook (since this workbook is now out of print, LOS purchased a number of copies to ensure availability for our families)
- The Lively Art of Writing
*Registration & Payment Plans: Upon registration, Logos Online will create a monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition, paid in monthly installments with the first payment due June 1 and the final payment in May. Families who register after June 1 will be invoiced immediately for the months that have transpired at the time of registration. For example, if a student registers on August 25, the family will pay the 20% deposit as well as the monthly payments for June, July, and August. They will then continue forward with the monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition.