- $710 (à la carte tuition per class)
- - $142 (20% tuition deposit required to secure a seat in class)
- = $568 balance of tuition (invoiced as monthly payments, June through May*)
Class Description: Middle Schoolers will gain a firm footing in the mechanics of English grammar and usage as well as writing composition. The class will cover parts of speech, parts of the sentence, the basics of sentence diagramming, phrases, and clauses. Students will also learn basic writing structures: the 5-paragraph essay, book report, and more.
Students going into English 2 are expected to know, identify, and create examples of the concepts listed here. If your student knows all of the concepts in the study guide (provided on FAQ PAGE of the website) they can jump into English 2. If, however, they do not recognize these concepts, English 1 is probably the better fit.
Please note, that this is a middle-school course. If taken in high school, this class will count only as an elective on the high school transcript.
Prerequisite: LOS English 1, or a comparable course (which includes sentence diagramming)
Mtg. Days: Mon., Tues., Wed., & Thur (4 days each week)
- Warriner's English Grammar and Composition, Third Course (we use the 1977 edition which is no longer in print. It is available for purchase as a PDF directly from Logos Online School (HERE).
- The Lively Art of Writing
*Registration & Payment Plans: Upon registration, Logos Online will create a monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition, paid in monthly installments with the first payment due June 1 and the final payment in May. Families who register after June 1 will be invoiced immediately for the months that have transpired at the time of registration. For example, if a student registers on August 25, the family will pay the 20% deposit as well as the monthly payments for June, July, and August. They will then continue forward with the monthly payment plan for the balance of tuition.